Taught by Dr. Carrie McCrea-Routray and Dr. Rajeev McCrea-Routra, two highly experienced Sports and Exercise Medicine Doctors and Tribe Academy Teacher Trainers. This one-day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills specific to yoga, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment. The course will also provide guidance on developing medical safety plans for your place of work whether you are a studio owner, organise retreats or lead classes in different locations.
The qualification is of equal accredited and valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet HSE requirements.
This course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, including practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
The award is valid for three years as of the date of assessment.
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment. No prior first aid knowledge is required.
Suitable for anyone working within an environment where yoga or other exercise based activities are delivered.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to administer effective CPR
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Medical planning considerations for yoga studios or retreats
Also included will be a bespoke ‘First Aid for Yoga’ handbook to supplement the one from RLSS (Royal Life Saving Society UK) through which the course is accredited. There will also be ‘add on’ service if clients would like advice/input in forming a medical emergency plan for their studio or retreat.
Saturday, August 10th 1:30 – 7:30pm
TRIBE YOGA QUARTERMILE
1 PORTERS WALK, EDINBURGH
For more info or to register, please fill out the form below: