Workshop 1 – History, Origins and Philosophy of Yoga (HOPY) – 15Hrs
Facilitator: Madhura Bhagwat
Living yoga is the need of the hour. In the current situation of Covid-19 and amidst all the loud noises around us, it has become all the more imperative to turn our awareness inwards and listen to what our mind & body are conveying to us. However, if we look at Yoga through the lens of a work-out rather than a work-in, we will seldom understand the implications of the essence of Yoga.
For this reason, we are bringing to you this offering to enable you to learn tools to develop a deeper understanding of what Yoga really is, its history and origins, identify and dismantle neo yoga trends, the quest of “who am I”, what does it mean to be on this spiritual path, bridging the gap between Eastern Philosophy and Western Mind. This course is ideal for anyone who is on the yoga path but with doubts, questions and confusions. Yoga novices, YTTC graduates, yoga practitioners and yoga students are all welcome. Join us to stop practicing yoga and start living yoga.
- Live streaming lessons
- Course workbook digital format
- Essence of Yoga – history, origins and contemporary meaning
- Definition of yoga and its interpretations
- How can we apply Yoga philosophy in the modern lifestyle?
- The Self and The Ego
- The Consciousness
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras and their contemporary interpretations
- Ethics for yoga teachers/practitioners
- Who is a Yogi
- Guided group discussion about basic philosophical issues related to yoga
- The Responsibility of being a Yoga Teacher / Practitioner
- Self-study and practice
- Attendance Certificate will be awarded to successful participation
Course Dates and Time:-
- 7th & 8th November 2020 (13:00 to 16:00 GMT)
- 21st & 22nd November 2020 (13:00 to 16:00 GMT)
Discounted fees available to Edinburgh based yoga teachers*
Maximum 15 students
*To support the community during COVID-19 and lockdown measures, Tribe Academy will be providing a 50% discount to 200 hour qualified yoga teachers based in Edinburgh.
For more information on “History, Origins and Philosophy of Yoga Workshop, please feel free to email us on email@example.com.